Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Zebra Kicked

Mambo!

My first week in Kenya has been fantastic. Over the weekend, Ashley, Elise & I went to the Impala Sanctuary, where I got kicked by a zebra. I couldn't resist my urge to get as a close as possible to them and try to touch. Lesson learned: zebras kick like donkeys... strong donkeys.


We went out for some dancing on Friday night. I was pleased to hear the smooth jams of West Africa. P-Square is a hit all over the continent! It was nice to get to know some of the people who are also staying in our compound, too.

On Sunday, we headed back to the highlands. We got to witness the field assistants walking around to the different study sites tracking their latitude and longitude coordinates, which will later be imported into a GIS map.




Maurice is the project coordinator and the main guy helping us with our individual projects. Happy to have him as a supervisor!



 We've also been busy preparing our projects and getting settled into our temporary home. I'll be talking to the field assistants, clinic staff, community health workers and some other community leaders to try to identify some of the positive deviants and then hopefully I'll be able to interview some of them. (Refer to the post from June 9 for more information about my project.)

 This picture is of a bednet being used for a chicken coop.

No comments:

Post a Comment