Tuesday, July 1, 2014

The Great Lights of Nairobi

This past weekend, I boarded the Easy Coach Express and headed East to the great capital of Nairobi. First impression, this was no Freetown. A western-style city nestled into an African backdrop - I couldn't help but be enthralled by the street lights, the malls, the LAWS! I was happy I got to see some of the sights and experience the late night hours and the late night characters of Nairobi dance clubs. Here are some pictures from the weekend:

If you run into Tour Guide Johnstown, be sure to ask him about the gorillas and their imminent threat in replacing local housewives. 

Jump on to Matatu 126 and jump off at the sign for "Carnivore". You won't be disappointed by the mixed flavors of osterich, crocodile and oxen balls. 

Get picked up by Robert in the Parklands Neighborhood and he will tuk tuk you all the way to town.

And in ending, I want to wish all Kenyans a peaceful holy month of Ramadan!


No comments:

Post a Comment